Fulbright Professional Scholarship in Vocational Education and Training (Funded by the Department of Education)
This scholarship suits employees within the vocational education and training sector or training leaders in business and industry. It involves the undertaking of research concerning current vocational education and training policy or practice (for 4 months). The outcomes of the scholarship must inform and benefit the wider VET sector in Australia. The scholarship was established in 2005 and is now funded by the Department of Education.
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
Preference will be given to those who have a record of achievement and are poised for advancement to senior levels. Examples of those who may apply include:
- Employees, including teachers, managers, and administrators, of private and public registered training organisations
- People who are leading vocational education and training strategies within their business.
- Staff within universities that teach in the training/skills sector of a university.
Note: This scholarship is not for university academics that study VET as an academic discipline.
- Monthly stipend for 4 months based on the cost of living in the city of the host institution
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution (capped at AUD$4,000)
- Dependent allowance- (if applicable) one-time payment
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright