Fulbright Professional Scholarship in Vocational Education and Training
Applications are closed and will reopen in 2020
This scholarship suits employees within the vocational education and training sector or training leaders in business and industry. It involves the undertaking of an educational program concerning current vocational education and training policy or practice, such as a short course and/or research. (for 3-4 months) The outcomes of the scholarship must inform and benefit the wider VET sector in Australia. The scholarship was established in 2005, and is now funded by the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business.
Who should apply?
Examples of those who may apply include:
- employees, including teachers, managers, and administrators, of private and public registered training organisations
- people who are leading vocational education and training strategies within their business.
- staff within universities that teach in the training/skills sector of a university.
- preference will be given to those who have a record of achievement and are poised for advancement to senior levels.
Note: This scholarship is not for university academics that study VET as an academic discipline.
Scholarship entitlements vary per award; please see individual scholarships listed below for details. Awards generally include:
- a living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- applicants need to read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page.
All applications are considered for the general Fulbright Scholar Awards, however eligible applicants may be considered for additional sponsored scholarship opportunities
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright