Fulbright Professional Scholarship in Vocational Education and Training (Funded by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment)
Applications open 6 January 2021, 9:00am AEDT
Applications close 6 July 2021, 11:59pm AEST
This scholarship suits employees within the vocational education and training sector or training leaders in business and industry. It involves the undertaking of an educational program concerning current vocational education and training policy or practice, such as a short course and/or research. (for 3 – 4 months) The outcomes of the scholarship must inform and benefit the wider VET sector in Australia. The scholarship was established in 2005, and is now funded by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
Preference will be given to those who have a record of achievement and are poised for advancement to senior levels. Examples of those who may apply include:
- Employees, including teachers, managers, and administrators, of private and public registered training organisations
- People who are leading vocational education and training strategies within their business.
- Staff within universities that teach in the training/skills sector of a university.
Note: This scholarship is not for university academics that study VET as an academic discipline.
Scholarship entitlements vary per award; please see individual scholarships listed below for details. Awards generally include:
- Monthly stipend
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution
- Dependent allowance- if applicable
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
All applications are considered for the general Fulbright Scholar Awards, however eligible applicants may be considered for additional sponsored scholarship opportunities
Copyright © 2021 – Fullbright