Fulbright Professional Scholarship in Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Sponsored by the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training
This Scholarship targets employees within the vocational education and training sector or training leaders in business and industry, and involves the undertaking of an educational program concerning current vocational education and training policy or practice, such as a short course and/or research. This may also involve other forms of professional experience, including visits to relevant organisations. The outcomes of the scholarship must inform and benefit the wider VET sector in Australia. The scholarship was established in 2005 is sponsored by the Department of Education and Training.
Who should apply?
Examples of those who may apply include:
- Employees, including teachers, managers, and administrators, of private and public registered training organisations
- People who are leading vocational education and training strategies within their business.
- Staff within universities that teach in the training/skills sector of a university.
- Preference will be given to those who have a record of achievement and are poised for advancement to senior levels.
Note: This scholarship is not for university academics that study VET as an academic discipline.
What are the benefits?
Benefits of the Fulbright Professional Scholarship in Vocational Education and Training are as listed for the Professional General Award, in addition to:
- Conference travel budget on return to Australia for use presenting and disseminating findings, both at the Department’s headquarters in Canberra and other relevant fora.
What are the conditions?
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, please see the applicable checklist and PDF instructions for details – note, you will automatically be considered in the general Professional pool as well.