Fulbright Postdoctoral-RMIT Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (funded by RMIT University)
The Fulbright Postdoctoral-RMIT Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (funded by RMIT University) enables exceptional postdoctoral candidates to undertake 4 – 10 months of research in the U.S. The successful candidate will also receive a 3-year Vice Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship at RMIT University, (the postdoctoral scholarship period of 4 – 10 months is included within the Vice-Chancellors Postdoctoral Fellowship fixed term of 3 years). The linking of the RMIT University Fellowship to the Fulbright Scholarship is aimed at solidifying the relationship between RMIT University and the host U.S. institution.
Research projects should align with one or more of RMIT’s Enabling Impact Platforms, including:
- Advanced Manufacturing and Fabrication
- Advanced Materials
- Biomedical Health and Innovation
- Design and Creative Practice
- Global Business Innovation
- Information and Systems (Engineering)
- Social Change
- Urban Futures
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
RMIT University is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. One of Australia’s original education institutions founded in 1887, RMIT now has 82,000 students including 12,000 at postgraduate level. The University enjoys a reputation for excellence in professional and practical education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the cities in which we are located.
With three campuses in Melbourne (Central Business District, Brunswick and Bundoora), two in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City) and a Centre in Barcelona, Spain, RMIT is a truly global university.
Research at RMIT aims to solve critical global problems and to create value from research which provides others outside the academic community pathways to deliver the ultimate positive economic, social and environmental impacts.
For more RMIT-specific information, see “Our Focus”
Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Benefits and Conditions:
The Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to people who have completed a PhD within 5 years prior to appointment and do not currently hold a continuing academic appointment at RMIT. The appointment will be for a fixed term of 3 years. Fellows will be located in academic schools and embedded into existing high performing research teams aligned to one or more of RMIT’s Enabling Capability Platforms. It is expected that the successful recipient will commence the 3-year fixed term before undertaking the Fulbright scholarship component, to the United States. The position will be located in Melbourne, Australia.
Benefits of the Fellowship in Melbourne with RMIT:
- Competitive salary package for a three-year fixed term (in addition to stipend during the scholarship period)
- Access to structured research training and mentoring support
- Access to Impact Awareness Training and Impact Pathway Planning
- Focus on interdisciplinary team-based research projects
- Monthly stipend based on the cost of living in the city of the host institution
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution (capped at AUD$4,000)
- Dependent allowance (one-time payment, if applicable)
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
Fulbright Scholarship conditions:
Conditions of the Fulbright portion of the scholarship are as per the Postdoctoral General Award and General Terms and Conditions. Please note that applicants must have had their PhD conferred prior to application.
Further information on the Terms and Conditions surrounding the RMIT fellowship portion of the scholarship are available by contacting RMIT directly via the Research Innovation and Capability team at RMIT University (email@example.com) or visit the RMIT University website.
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright