Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship (Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow) funded by RMIT University
Applications are currently closed and will re-open early 2021
The Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship (Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow) funded by RMIT enables exceptional postdoctoral candidates to undertake up to ten months of research in the U.S. The successful candidate will also receive a 3-year Vice Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship at RMIT University, (with the Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship sponsored by RMIT University period included within the Vice-Chancellors Postdoctoral Fellowship fixed term). The linking of the RMIT University Fellowship to the Fulbright Scholarship is aimed at solidifying the relationship between RMIT University and the host U.S. institution.
Research projects should align with one or more of RMIT’s Enabling Capability Platforms, including:
- Advanced Manufacturing and Fabrication
- Advanced Materials
- Biomedical Health and Innovation
- Design and Creative Practice
- Global Business Innovation
- Information and Systems (Engineering)
- Social Change
- Urban Futures
For more information, see “Our Focus”
RMIT University is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. One of Australia’s original education institutions founded in 1887, RMIT now has 82,000 students including 12,000 at postgraduate level. The University enjoys a reputation for excellence in professional and practical education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the cities in which we are located.
With three campuses in Melbourne (Central Business District, Brunswick and Bundoora), two in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City) and a Centre in Barcelona, Spain, RMIT is a truly global university.
Research at RMIT aims to solve critical global problems and to create value from research which provides others outside the academic community pathways to deliver the ultimate positive economic, social and environmental impacts.
What are the benefits?
Fulbright benefits (as provided by the Fulbright Commission in the lead-up to and during the program undertaken in the United States):
- a living allowance
- travel for international flights to/from the U.S.
- establishment allowance
- Dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the orientation program, showcase & gala presentation dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
Fulbright Scholarship conditions
Conditions of the Fulbright portion of the scholarship are as per the Postdoctoral General Award and General Terms and Conditions. Further information on the Terms and Conditions surrounding the RMIT fellowship portion of the scholarship are available by contacting RMIT directly (see below links).
Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship benefits and conditions
- Competitive salary package for a three-year fixed term (in addition to stipend during the scholarship period)
- Access to structured research training and mentoring support
- Access to Impact Awareness Training and Impact Pathway Planning
- Focus on interdisciplinary team-based research projects
The Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to people who have completed a PhD within 5 years prior to appointment and do not currently hold a continuing academic appointment at RMIT. The appointment will be for a fixed term of 3 years. Fellows will be located in academic Schools and embedded into existing high performing research teams aligned to one or more of RMIT’s Enabling Capability Platforms. It is expected that the successful recipient will commence the 3-year fixed term before undertaking the Fulbright scholarship component, to the United States. The position will be located in Melbourne, Australia.
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright