Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Science, Technology and Innovation (funded by CSIRO)
Applications are open
CSIRO is Australia’s national science research agency. At CSIRO, we solve the greatest challenges using innovative science and technology. We are one of the largest and most diverse scientific research organisations in the world. Our research focuses on the biggest challenges facing our nation.
The Fulbright-CSIRO Distinguished Chair in Science, Technology and Innovation will conduct innovative scientific research related to critical challenges facing the U.S. and Australia. During their term (5-6 months), the Chair will work on a specific research project aligned with priority areas of research for CSIRO that will lead to ongoing collaborative partnerships between Australia and the U.S. The Chair will also be expected to engage in outreach and networking activities within CSIRO and across the Australian Innovation system through occasional guest lectures, seminars and/or community interactions.
CSIRO will consider proposals to conduct research in areas that are aligned to our strategic research directions. Candidates must identify a CSIRO Business Unit to host their research visit, from the following:
- Food and Agriculture
- Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness
- Health and Biosecurity
- Land and Water
- Minerals Resources
- National Collections and Marine Infrastructure
- Oceans and Atmosphere
- Space and Astronomy
Projects that are relevant to more than one Business Unit are encouraged, but a Primary host Business Unit must be identified.
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 6 months
- Generous international travel entitlement
- Travel allowance for an Australian lecture tour
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
- Dependents of scholars who will be enrolled in the Australian public school system in grades K-12 may have tuition fees waived.
For benefit amounts please click ‘Apply Now’ below.
Letter of Invitation
To request a letter of invitation from CSIRO, you can:
- Contact your CSIRO contacts and colleagues to discuss joint research interests and a potential research visit (preferred) OR
- If you do not already have a contact at CSIRO, the CSIRO Research Office will forward your expression of interest to relevant research teams to consider. Send the following to email@example.com:
Please contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to the award: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright