Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Applied Public Policy (Democratic Resilience) (funded by Flinders University)
Applications are now closed
The Distinguished Chair in Applied Public Policy (Democratic Resilience) funded by Flinders University is designed to increase the awareness of the field of applied public policy in Australia, and to promote comparative and collaborative research between Australia and the United States.
The position will allow full or associate professors with distinguished academic careers, and significant publication and teaching records to conduct collaborative research at Flinders University for 4–5 months.
At Flinders University, the Distinguished Chair will be affiliated with the College of Business, Government and Law. They will also be encouraged to associate with the Government Discipline and the Jeff Bleich Centre for the US Alliance in Digital Technology, Security and Governance.
We are looking for research that contributes to an advancement of understanding of the use and regulation of emerging technology for positive social impact. In particular this may address ways of shaping policy, laws and political behaviours to enhance national security, governance of society and democracy through technological change. It may also address the risks of such technologies.
Applications addressing applied public policy concerns are sought, particularly those related to Democratic Resilience. Applications must focus on a significant, current, applied public policy issue at an international and/or national policy level.
- Computer Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Sciences/Systems
- National Security
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 5 months
- Accommodation allowance for a maximum of 5 months
- Generous international travel entitlement
- Travel allowance for an Australian lecture tour
- Health coverage under Australia’s national healthcare system, Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
For details on entitlements please click ‘Apply Now’ below.
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Outreach and Recruitment
Jaclyn Assarian, Outreach and Recruitment Specialist
(202) 326-7700, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from Flinders University with their application.
Please contact Rodrigo Praino from Flinders University (email@example.com) to discuss projects and obtain the required letter.
Please contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to entitlements or application processes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright