Fulbright Senior Scholarship (Sponsored by Kansas State University)
Applications are closed and will reopen February 2020
The Fulbright Senior Scholarship (Funded by Kansas State University) is for senior academics, government scientists or other key researchers to undertake a collaborative project at Kansas State University (K-State) in the United States. Successful applicants will work with a tenured or tenure-track colleague at Kansas State on a significant collaborative short-term research program in any academic discipline. For more information on KSU’s research strengths please visit the Kansas State University website.
Who should apply?
The follow applicants are encouraged to apply for the Fulbright Senior Scholarship Sponsored by Kansas State:
- Scholars of established reputation working in an academic or research institution academics (generally at associate professor or professorial level)
- Practicing professionals who have established reputations in their fields
- Senior members of academically-based professions who are currently engaged in the private practice of their profession
All applications require an invitation letter, signed by the Kansas State faculty host and his/her department head/chair.
This award includes:
- accommodation in a furnished apartment arranged by Kansas State University
- a living allowance up to 6 months
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- dependent allowance (if applicable)
- conference travel allowance
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
For further information on this scholarship and to obtain a Letter of Invitation to Kansas State University, please contact Professor John Leslie, Head of Kansas State Plant Pathology Department.
All applications are considered for the general Fulbright Scholar Awards, however eligible applicants may be considered for additional sponsored scholarship opportunities.