Fulbright Scholar Award (funded by Kansas State University)
Applications open 6 January 2021, 9:00am AEDT
Applications close 6 July 2021, 11:59pm AEST
The Fulbright Scholar Award (funded by Kansas State University) is for senior academics, government scientists or other key researchers to undertake a collaborative project at Kansas State University in the United States. Successful applicants will work with a tenured or tenure-track colleague at Kansas State on a significant collaborative short-term research program in any academic discipline. For more information on Kansas State’s research strengths please visit the Kansas State University website.
The follow applicants are encouraged to apply
- Scholars of established reputation working in an academic or research institution academics (generally at Associate Professor or Full Professor level)
- Practising professionals who have established reputations in their fields
- Senior members of academically-based professions who are currently engaged in the private practice of their profession
All applications require an invitation letter, signed by the Kansas State faculty host and his/her department head/chair.
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Accommodation in a furnished apartment arranged by Kansas State University
- Monthly stipend
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution
- Dependent allowance- if applicable
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
For further information on this scholarship and to obtain a Letter of Invitation to Kansas State University, please contact Professor John Leslie, Head of Kansas State Plant Pathology Department.
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright