Fulbright Scholar Award (funded by Kansas State University)
Applications are now closed
The Fulbright Scholar Award (funded by Kansas State University) is for outstanding senior academics, government scientists or other key researchers to undertake a collaborative project at Kansas State University in the United States. Successful applicants will work with a tenured or tenure-track colleague at Kansas State on a significant collaborative short-term research program in any academic discipline (for 5 – 6 months). For more information on Kansas State’s research strengths please visit the Kansas State University website.
The follow applicants are encouraged to apply
- Scholars of established reputation working in an academic or research institution academics (generally at Associate Professor or Full Professor level)
- Practising professionals who have established reputations in their fields
- Senior members of academically-based professions who are currently engaged in the private practice of their profession
All applications require an invitation letter, signed by the Kansas State faculty host and his/her department head/chair.
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Accommodation in a furnished apartment arranged by Kansas State University
- Monthly stipend for 5 – 6 months
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution (capped at USD$4,000)
- Dependent allowance- (if applicable) one-time payment
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
For further information on this scholarship and to obtain a Letter of Invitation to Kansas State University, please contact Professor John Leslie, Head of Kansas State Plant Pathology Department.
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright