U.S. Fulbright Distinguished Chair
Sponsored by the University of Newcastle
The Distinguished Chair enables U.S. senior scholars (associate or full Professor), or those with a distinguished career in the field to undertake research of importance to the University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia for 5-6 months.
The development of research within UON’s areas of priority (known as Priority Research Centres) is important to the bilateral relationship between the United States and Australia. It is hoped that this position will provide scholars with an opportunity to contribute to this relationship, and a nominated area of priority at the University of Newcastle.
The University of Newcastle is seeking applicants from the following areas of priority:
- Chemical Biology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Brain and Mental Health Research
- Cancer Research, Innovation and Translation
- Cardiovascular Health
- Digestive Health and Neurogastroenterology
- Generational Health and Ageing
- Health Behaviour
- Healthy Lungs
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Stroke and Brain Injury
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Energy Technologies and Utilisation
- Organic Electronics
Further information is http://www.newcastle.edu.au/research-and-innovation/centre#priority-research-centres
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 6 months
- Accommodation allowance for a maximum of 6 months
- Generous international travel entitlement
- Travel allowance for an Australian lecture tour
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
- Dependents of scholars who will be enrolled in the Australian public school system in grades Kindergarten – Year 12 may have tuition fees waived.
For entitlement amounts please visit the CIES Distinguished Chair page.
Please note that applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from the University of Newcastle with their application. Your contact is the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research and Innovation via email@example.com who will facilitate contact to discuss proposed projects, and obtain the required letter.
Please contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to entitlements or application processes.
More detailed information about the application process and a link to the online application form can be found on the CIES website.
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright