Australian Fulbright Senior Scholarship (K-State)
Sponsored by Kansas State University
The Fulbright Senior Scholarship Sponsored by Kansas State University is for senior academics, government scientists or other key researchers to undertake a collaborative project at Kansas State University (K-State) in the U.S. Successful applicants will work with a tenured or tenure-track colleague at K-State on a significant collaborative short-term research program in any academic discipline. K-State’s strengths in agriculture and life sciences are well aligned with those at numerous Australian universities and research institutions. For more information please visit the Kansas State University Website
Please note: Kansas State University also sponsors the Kansas State University Distinguished Chair.
Who should apply?
The follow applicants are encouraged to apply for the Fulbright Senior Scholarship Sponsored by Kansas State University:
- Scholars of established reputation working in an academic or research institution academics (generally at Associate Professor or Professorial level)
- Practicing professionals who have established reputations in their fields
- Senior members of academically-based professions who are currently engaged in the private practice of their profession
All applications require an invitation letter, signed by the K-State faculty host and his/her department head/chair.
- Living and travel allowance for a program of 6 months duration
- Dependent Allowance where applicable
- Accommodation in a furnished apartment arranged by Kansas State University
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the Scholar only)
- National Orientation Program, Showcase Evening & Presentation Dinner
- Distinguished professional network with U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni Associations
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
- Media and publicity support
Conditions of Scholarship
- Funding is stipend based and is for a maximum of 6 months.
- It will be reduced for shorter programs.
- Kansas State University is the primary host institution
- Applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependents during their stay in the U.S.
Contacts for this Scholarship
- Professor John Leslie, Distinguished Professor and Head of Kansas State Plant Pathology Department
- Dr Ruth Lee Martin, Deputy Executive Director, Australian-American Fulbright Commission
All applicants MUST complete the general Senior Scholar online application form, per the instructions outlined in the “Apply Now” PDF, and will be considered in both the General Senior Scholar category and Kansas State Senior Scholar category. Please ensure you fill out the correct form or your application may be ineligible.
Please return to the Senior Scholars page to APPLY.
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright