Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award (funded by Curtin University)
Applications open 1 February 2021
Curtin University is an internationally recognized leader in research related to geosciences and resource engineering located in Perth, Australia. Ranked second in the world for Engineering – Mineral and Mining, their research in minerals and energy supports growth and innovation in the sector, thus bolstering Australia’s economic powerhouse.
Open to academics at the level of associate professor or full professor, the Fulbright Scholar Award (funded by Curtin University) will enable exceptional U.S. scholars to undertake research of importance to the bilateral relationship between Australia and the United States in the areas of resources and energy.
The development of research areas is important to the bi-lateral relationship between the United States and Australia. It is hoped that this position will provide scholars with an opportunity to contribute to this relationship, and to key research areas at Curtin University.
Other activities may include consulting on curriculum, participating in graduate/faculty seminars and giving guest lectures. Scholars are encouraged to collaborate with the host institution and give workshops or short seminars. All applicants should demonstrate plans for some interaction with host institution faculty and students. Scholars should not teach intensive seminars or coursework. Paid work cannot be undertaken in Australia while on a Fulbright Scholarship in accordance with visa regulations.
Curtin University is seeking applicants in the areas of resources and energy.
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 4 months
- Generous international travel entitlement
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support through the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
- Scholars accompanied by eligible dependents may receive one, one-time dependent allowance (conditions apply).
For entitlement amounts please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Please register your interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries related to entitlements or application processes please contact:
Please contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to entitlements or application processes. email@example.com
Copyright © 2021 – Fullbright