Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship (funded by the University of Newcastle)
Applications are now closed
The Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship award enables two postdoctoral candidates to undertake research of importance to the University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. The development of research within University of Newcastle’s four engagement priorities is important to the bilateral relationship between the United States and Australia. It is hoped that this award will provide scholars with an opportunity to contribute to this relationship, and the nominated area of priority that is relevant to the future of our regions and the world. This scholarship will support a 3-10-month position.
This scholarship is open to researchers who have completed their PhD in the past two to three years (up to five years under extenuating circumstances).
The University of Newcastle is seeking applicants in the following areas of priority:
- Architecture and Built Environment
- Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy
- Environmental and Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Humanities, Creative Industries and Social Work
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Nursing and Midwifery
Further information can be found on the University of Newcastle website.
Areas of Interest
Whilst the University of Newcastle will consider any relevant research proposal, the following four engagement priorities build on the significant track record of success and the strengths of our University, and that reflect the issues and opportunities relevant to the future of our regions and our world:
- Better, healthier living
- Connected communities
- Next generation resources
- Growing industries
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 10 months
- An establishment allowance
- An international travel entitlement
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
For exact entitlement amounts please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
The University of Newcastle
Please note that applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from the University of Newcastle with their application.
To discuss potential projects and negotiate a Letter of Invitation, please contact the UoN team via: Research_Advantage@newcastle.edu.au.
For any queries related to the application process please contact the CIES team via:
Phone: +1 646 308 7213 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries related to the Scholarship or its entitlements please contact the Fulbright Australia team via: email@example.com
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright