Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship (funded by Monash University)
Applications open 6 January 2021, 9:00am AEDT
Applications close 6 July 2021, 11:59pm AEST
The Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship (funded by Monash University) enables an outstanding Australian postdoctoral candidate to undertake research in the United States for 3 – 10 months, in areas of importance to Monash University, Victoria. The scholarship is aimed at applicants and projects which directly address the grand challenges of our age, regardless of disciplinary background. In addition to academic merit, the projects must help strengthen the Australian bilateral relationship with the United States.
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
Monash University was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. Monash is a research intensive Australian university with a large international footprint and extensive collaborative linkages that span the globe and support the University’s enterprising ambition. Consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities, Monash is a member of Australia’s Group of Eight research intensive universities as well as the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning. It is also the only Australian member of the influential M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centres, Universities and National Academies.
Monash is committed to deep and enduring relationships with partners in industry, government and non-government organisations. Through this commitment it supports research agendas that “will solve grand challenges and set global agendas” (Focus Monash p. 9).
– Monthly stipend
– Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution
– Establishment allowance
– Dependent allowance- if applicable
– Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
– Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
– Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
– Extensive support from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
– Media and publicity support
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright