Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship (funded by Monash University)
Applications are currently closed and will re-open early 2021
The Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship (funded by Monash University) enables an outstanding Australian postdoctoral candidate to undertake research in the United States in areas of importance to Monash University, Victoria. The scholarship is aimed at applicants and projects which directly address the grand challenges of our age, regardless of disciplinary background. In addition to academic merit, the projects must help strengthen the Australian bilateral relationship with the United States.
Monash University was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. Monash is a research intensive Australian university with a large international footprint and extensive collaborative linkages that span the globe and support the University’s enterprising ambition. Consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities, Monash is a member of Australia’s Group of Eight research intensive universities as well as the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning. It is also the only Australian member of the influential M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centres, Universities and National Academies.
Monash is committed to deep and enduring relationships with partners in industry, government and non-government organisations. Through this commitment it supports research agendas that “will solve grand challenges and set global agendas” (Focus Monash p. 9).
- a living allowance
- travel for international flights to/from the U.S.
- establishment allowance
- dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the orientation program, showcase & gala presentation dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- applicants need to read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page
For further information on this scholarship please contact Professor Sharon Ricardo, Academic Director, Monash Graduate Research and Professor and Research Group Leader in the Department of Pharmacology, Biomedical Discovery Institute via email or phone (+61 3 9905 0671)
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright