Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship (Sponsored by the University of Newcastle)
The U.S Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship award enables postdoctoral candidates to undertake research of importance to the University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.
The development of research within UON’s areas of priority (known as Priority Research Centres) is important to the bilateral relationship between the United States and Australia. It is hoped that this award will provide scholars with an opportunity to contribute to this relationship, and the nominated area of priority at the University of Newcastle. This scholarship will support a 3 – 10 month position.
This scholarship is open to researchers who have completed their PhD in the past two to three years (up to five years under extenuating circumstances).
The University of Newcastle is seeking applicants in the following areas of priority:
- Chemical Biology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
- Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
- Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- Brain and Mental Health Research
- Cancer Research, Innovation and Translation
- Cardiovascular Health
- Digestive Health and Neurogastroenterology
- Generational Health and Ageing
- Health Behaviour
- Healthy Lungs
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Reproductive Science
- Stroke and Brain Injury
- Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
- Energy Technologies & Utilisation
- Organic Electronics
Further information is http://www.newcastle.edu.au/research-and-innovation/centre#priority-research-centres
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 10 months
- An establishment allowance
- An international travel entitlement
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
For exact entitlement amounts please visit the CIES page.
Please note that applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from the University of Newcastle with their application.
The University of Newcastle contact is the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research and Innovation via email@example.com who will facilitate contact with the University to discuss projects, and obtain the required letter.
Please contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to entitlements or application processes.
More detailed information about the application process and a link to the online application form can be found on the CIES website.
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright