Fulbright Future Scholarships – Postdoctoral
Applications open 6 January 2021, 9:00am AEDT
Applications close 6 July 2021, 11:59pm AEST
For individuals seeking to undertake 3-10 months postdoctoral research in the U.S., who have completed their PhD in the past 5 years (or will complete their PhD before July 2022).
Who can apply?
Fulbright Future Scholarships are open to applications for Australian candidates who satisfy the following criteria.
- Must have an undergraduate qualification, and PhD that has been conferred within 5 years from the date of application
- Should aim to create, contribute to, or otherwise enhance Australian-American bilateral research collaborations
- Must include an additional statement separate from their project statement (maximum of one page) that outlines the potential impact of their proposed program on the lives, health, livelihoods or prosperity of Australians
- All applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from their proposed (maximum one) institution with their application
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
What is considered ‘Impact’?
To qualify for the Future Scholarships program, applicants should highlight the potential impact of their proposed research/ study in their additional statement separate from their project statement. ‘Impact’ may be defined as;
- Significant advancement of new technologies, techniques, or other novel research with potential for practical outcomes
- Tangible effect, benefit, or outcome for Australian society
- Creation of enduring bilateral commercial or research partnerships with potential for significant growth
- Novel approaches to intellectual property or medical treatment/rehabilitation
- Potential for job-creation or commercialisation
- Monthly stipend based on the cost of living in the city of the host institution
- Full visiting researcher scholar fees
- Dependent allowance (if applicable)
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S. with other international Fulbright scholars
- Access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright Alumni
- Ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- Media and publicity support
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright