Australian Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarships (General Category)
Who can apply?
Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral research in the U.S. for 3-10 months, who have completed their PhD in the past 5 years or in their final year of completion.
Scholarship entitlements vary per award. Please see individual scholarships for details. Awards generally include:
- a living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- applicants need to read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page.
All applications are considered for the general Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards, however eligible applicants may elect to be considered for additional sponsored scholarship opportunities.