Fulbright Scholar Award (funded by the University of Wollongong)
Commencing in 2024, the Fulbright Scholar Awards (funded by the University of Wollongong) will enable outstanding academics from the United States to undertake research with University of Wollongong academic teams on areas of mutual benefit to Australia and the United States. The award recipients will spend up to four months working in Wollongong, one of Australia’s most picturesque university locations, conveniently located 60 minutes from Sydney. There are two positions available annually.
University of Wollongong, Wollongong NSW
UOW is young, dynamic and innovative, and is a benchmark for Australia’s new generation of universities. A leading global university, our vision is to inspire a better future through education, research and partnership. The quality of our teaching and research features prominently in national and international rankings, and we’re proud to be among the top one per cent of universities in the world. We’re globally recognised for delivering impactful research that drives positive change. UOW ranks 6th among the world’s universities for social and economic impact in the THE Impact rankings, which are benchmarked against the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals. Through our researchers, students, graduates and staff, we’re working towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all. Now, more than ever, it’s our responsibility to continue to use our knowledge and influence for the betterment of society.
These awards are available in any field/discipline.
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 4 months (minimum 3 months)
- An international travel entitlement
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,00 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries
- Scholars accompanied by eligible dependents may receive one, one-time dependent allowance (conditions apply)
For entitlement amounts please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Please note that applicants are required to include a Letter of Invitation from the University of Wollongong with their application. Contact Professor Alex Frino, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Global) to discuss projects, and obtain the required letter.
For any queries related to entitlements or application processes please contact:
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Outreach and Recruitment
Jaclyn Assarian, Outreach and Recruitment Specialist
(202) 326-7700, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to entitlements or application processes via: email@example.com
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright