Fulbright Professional Scholarship In Australian-American Alliance Studies (funded by DFAT)
Applications open 6 January 2021, 9:00am AEDT
Applications close 6 July 2021, 11:59pm AEST
This award is for Australian academics and professionals, and aims to advance scholarship in the priority fields of strategic studies, technology and innovation. The grantee will promote the exchange of ideas, research collaboration, and cultural understanding between Australian and American scholars as well as the institutions that host them.
The program was established in 2001 by the Australian Government, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) as a contribution to Australia’s ANZUS 50th Anniversary commemorations. The aim for establishing this exchange is to contribute in a practical way to contemporary scholarship on the Australian-U.S. alliance relationship. It is a condition of the Scholarship that the recipient produces a tangible contribution to contemporary debate in their area of specialisation in the format of a report, which can be used by DFAT, and/or published with an appropriate accreditation.
The Fulbright Scholarship in Australian-United States Alliance Studies is open for Australian candidates who satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Academics including lecturers, and professors in contemporary scholarship on the Alliance and issues of relevance to it
- Professionals from public and private sectors associated with the Alliance and issues of relevance to it
- Researchers looking into contemporary aspects of the Alliance and broader bilateral relationship (trade/economics/politics) of interest to both alliance partners
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Monthly stipend
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution
- Dependent allowance- if applicable
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright