Fulbright Professional Coral Sea Scholarship (Business/Industry)
Applications are currently closed and will re-open early 2021
The Professional Coral Sea Scholarship (Business/Industry) allows recipients to undertake a short course of study or research at one U.S. educational institution, to study and/or research an identified problem or opportunity relevant to Australian industry or business. (for 3 – 4 months)
On 8th May 1992 the Governor General His Excellency the Honourable Bill Hayden, AC and the United States Secretary of Education, Lamar Alexander, announced the endowment by the Australian-United States Coral Sea Commemorative Council, of an annual scholarship for young professionals.
The Fulbright Coral Sea (Business/Industry) Scholarship was established in 1992 by the Coral Sea Commemorative Council to recognise the 50th anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea. The scholarship was designed to acknowledge the friendship, cooperation and mutual respect which has developed between the United States and Australia since the Battle of the Coral Sea.
Donors to the fund include former United States Ambassador Mel Sembler, Mallesons Stephen Jacques, South Corp Brewing Holdings Ltd, the Gandel Charitable Trust, BHP Company Ltd, Arthur Andersen, Coles Myer, and Coca Cola Amatil.
What are the benefits?
- a living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the U.S.
- dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the orientation program, showcase & gala presentation dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- we strongly encourage applicants to read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page.
All applications are considered for the general Fulbright Scholar Awards, however eligible applicants may elect to be considered for an additional sponsored scholarship opportunities.
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright