Fulbright Professional Coral Sea Scholarship (Business/Industry)
The Professional Coral Sea Scholarship (Business/Industry) allows recipients to undertake research at one U.S. educational institution, research an identified problem or opportunity relevant to Australian industry or business (for 4 months).
On 8th May 1992 the Governor General His Excellency the Honourable Bill Hayden, AC and the United States Secretary of Education, Lamar Alexander, announced the endowment by the Australian-United States Coral Sea Commemorative Council, of an annual scholarship for young professionals.
The Fulbright Coral Sea Scholarship (Business/Industry) was established in 1992 by the Coral Sea Commemorative Council to recognise the 50th anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea. The scholarship was designed to acknowledge the friendship, cooperation and mutual respect which has developed between the United States and Australia since the Battle of the Coral Sea.
Donors to the fund include former United States Ambassador Mel Sembler, Mallesons Stephen Jacques, South Corp Brewing Holdings Ltd, the Gandel Charitable Trust, BHP Company Ltd, Arthur Andersen, Coles Myer, and Coca Cola Amatil.
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Monthly stipend for 4 months based on the cost of living in the city of the host institution
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution (capped at AUD$4,000)
- Dependent allowance- (if applicable) one-time payment
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright