Fulbright Indigenous Scholarships (funded by the National Indigenous Australians Agency)
Applications are currently closed and will re-open early 2021
The Fulbright Indigenous Scholarships are for two Indigenous students/scholars each year to undertake a research or study program in the U.S. Scholarships are available in any field of academic study, across any category – postgraduate, postdoctoral or professional scholar.
These scholarships were established to recognise Indigenous leaders’ commitment to achieving excellence, while seeking an international perspective and collaboration through their studies/research. The scholarship was originally established in cooperation with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission (ATSIC) in 1993 and is now supported by the Australian Government’s National Indigenous Australian Agency.
Scholarship entitlements vary per category; please see individual scholarship categories listed below for details. Awards generally include:
- a living allowance
- international travel to/from the U.S.
- partial tuition or visiting research scholar fees (postgraduate/ PhD recipients only)
- assistance with identifying and applying to host institutions via Placement Services (Masters students only)
- dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the U.S. with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- postgraduate applicants should download the attachment for additional information.
|Postgraduate students seeking to;
Funding is available for up to 2 years and includes partial tuition or visiting research scholar fees.
|Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral research, who have either completed their PhD in the past 5 years or are in the last year of completion. The award supports a 3 – 10 month position.
|Academics (at associate or full professorial level) and mid-career professionals (with an undergraduate qualification and minimum 10 years work experience) to undertake research and/or training at one institute/university in the United States for 3 – 4 months.
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright