Australian Postgraduate Scholarships (General Category)
Applications are open from 3 February – July 2020
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers up to 5 general category Postgraduate Scholarships to:
- students seeking to complete part of their Australian postgraduate program in the U.S.
- students who wish to undertake a full American Master’s degree
- current Australian PhD students who seek to complete a period of research in the U.S.
- Australian students who wish to complete a full U.S. PhD program
These awards are available in any field/discipline.
- a living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- funding is available for up to 2 years for Master’s students and includes a partial tuition fee allowance
- funding is available for up to 10 months for PhD students and includes a visiting student researcher fee allowance
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- assistance with identifying and applying to host institutions via Placement Services (Master’s students only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright Alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
Postgraduate applicants should download the attachment for additional information.
Please see the Applicants Page for eligibility requirements, award conditions, FAQs, interview processes and timelines.
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright