Australian Postgraduate Scholarships (General Category)
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers up to 3 general category Postgraduate Scholarships to:
- Students who wish to complete a U.S. Master’s degree
- Current PhD students who seek to conduct a period of research in the U.S. as a Visiting Student Researcher (4 – 10 months)
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
Applicants should additionally download the POSTGRADUATE INFORMATION ATTACHMENT for postgraduate-specific information.
- Monthly stipend based on the cost of living in the city of the host institution
- Partial tuition allowance up to AUD$20,000 for one academic year (if applicable)
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution (capped at AUD$4,000)
- Establishment allowance (one-time payment)
- Dependent allowance (one-time payment, if applicable)
- Assistance with identifying U.S. host institutions via Placement Services (Coursework applicants only)
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright