Australian Postgraduate Scholarships (General Category)
Applications are now closed
About the Award
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers general category postgraduate scholarships to:
- Students who wish to complete a U.S. master’s degree.
- Current PhD students who seek to conduct a period of research in the U.S. as a Visiting Student Researcher (4 – 10 months).
Specific to this award
- This award is open to applicants from all disciplines.
General criteria for all Fulbright Awards
- Must be an Australian citizen.
- Must not be a dual citizen of the U.S.
- Must be residing in Australia at the time of application (exceptions may apply – please see link below).
- Must not have already commenced this degree or project in the U.S.
- Must not have held a J1 or J2 visa in the 24 months before program commences.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree.*
- Visiting student researcher applicants only: must have a letter of invitation from proposed host institution.
- Degree-seeking applicants only: acceptance to a U.S. institution is not required at the time of application.**
* Applicants may be in their final year of study if applying for a postgraduate degree award. Must complete their undergraduate degree before commencing their program.
** Successful degree-seeking candidates will work with the Institute of International Education’s placement services team to coordinate applications and negotiate fee reductions/waivers. Applicants must be willing to consider up to four institutions.
For more details on eligibility criteria, please view this page.
- Partial tuition allowance (subject to funding availability, specified at time of offer).
- Monthly stipend for period of study/research for an individual based on the current approved MMR.
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution (capped at AUD$4,000).
- Settling-in allowance.
- A limited Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges (ASPE) Health Benefits Plan, designed by the U.S. Department of State and administered by Seven Corners, Inc. Please note this plan is NOT an insurance policy.
- Orientation and networking opportunities.
New Applicants: Australian Applicants
Includes more detailed information about eligibility, the qualities and personal attributes expected of Fulbright awardees, and how to apply.
Copyright © 2024 – Fulbright