Fulbright Anne Wexler Scholarship in Public Policy (funded by the Department of Education)
Applications are currently closed and will reopen in 2020
On 15 August 2009, the Australian Government announced the establishment of a prestigious annual scholarship program to recognise the many contributions by Anne Wexler for her role in fostering Australian-American relations.
This scholarship enables an Australian postgraduate student with strong academic credentials and leadership potential to undertake a two-year Master’s degree in the U.S. in an area that supports Wexler’s binational interests in the field of public policy.
The Fulbright Anne Wexler Scholarship is seeking applicants in the areas of Public Policy. These may include in key areas such as;
- Climate change
- Regional security
- Political science
- Governmental relations
- A living allowance for up to two years
- International travel to/from the U.S.
- Tuition allowance
- Health and Accident coverage (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (student only)
- Attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase and Gala Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment activities in the U.S. with other international Fulbright Scholars
- Access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright Alumni
- Ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- Media and publicity support
Please note that acceptance to a U.S. institution is not required at the time of application. Applicants can include some detail about programs of particular interest, however successful candidates will work with the Institute of International Education’s placement services team to coordinate applications and negotiate fee reductions/ waivers. Applicants must be willing to consider up to four institutions.
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, please apply through the Fulbright Foreign Student program application portal. You will automatically be considered in the general Postgraduate pool, however you will also need to indicate on your application that you wish to be additionally considered for the Fulbright Anne Wexler award.
Postgraduate applicants should download this attachment for additional information.
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright