Fulbright Scholar Awards (General Category)
Applications are open 3 February – 6 July 2020
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers up to 5 Scholar Awards to academics (at associate professor or full professorial level) and mid-career professionals (with an undergraduate qualification and minimum 10 years work experience) to undertake research and/or training at one institute/university in the United States for 3 – 4 months in any discipline.
Who can apply?
Academics (at associate professor or full professorial level) and mid-career professionals (with an undergraduate qualification and minimum 10 years work experience) to undertake research and/or training in the United States for 3 – 4 months in any discipline. Please note that applicants can be considered for multiple awards by noting this in the Australian Applicant checklist and attaching it to your application.
- a living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- Prior to applying, applicants need to read the eligibility requirements & award conditions section of the Australian Applicants page. This page also has FAQs, interview processes and timelines
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright