Fulbright Doctorate and Graduate Program Opportunities
Whether your focus is biochemistry or archaeology we’re offering graduate programs and research opportunities for talented individuals at Australian institutions. We’re looking for exceptional people who are driven to make a difference in their field.
These awards are available for academic work in any graduate program at any recognised Australian university. The Commission offers up to 10 scholarships annually.
Who Can Apply?
- Doctorate students seeking to conduct PhD research in Australia for a period of 6–10 months
- Students seeking to conduct research towards an independent project for a period of 6–10 months
- Students seeking to complete an Australian graduate student (postgraduate) program
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program is the largest U.S. exchange program in the world, offering opportunities for students and young professionals to undertake international graduate study and advanced research, worldwide. Fulbright U.S. Student alumni populate a range of professions and include ambassadors, members of Congress, judges, heads of corporations, university presidents, journalists, artists, professors, and teachers.
A Fulbright scholarship provides recipients with an un-paralleled opportunity to add a global context to their education, with tailored international experiences of up to two years.
If you have demonstrated academic excellence, are passionate about strengthening the United States ties to Australia and have a bold vision for your future, the Fulbright U.S Student Program could be right for you.
Scholarship benefits vary per award. Please see individual scholarships for details.
Awards generally include:
- Monthly stipend
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution
- Health coverage under Australian Medicare
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) provided by the U.S. government, coverage up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Establishment allowance (one-time payment)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the U.S. and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support through the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
Commencement of Program
Applicants who apply should plan on starting their program the following January/ February. In some cases, the Commission may approve candidates to begin earlier.
(Graduate Student/ Doctoral Research)
|The Fulbright Commission offers up to 6 Postgraduate Scholarships available in any field/ discipline. These awards support a 6–10 month research/study at an Australian institution.|
Funded by Western Sydney University
|This scholarship will enable exceptional U.S. postgraduate students in the fields of environment, public health or creative and performance arts, to undertake 8–10 months research/ study at Western Sydney University.|
Funded by the Australian Government, Department of Education.
|This scholarship enables a U.S. student with strong academic credentials and leadership potential to undertake a two-year Master’s degree in Australia in an area that supports Mrs Wexler’s bi-national interests in the field of public policy. These may include key areas such as health, sustainability, energy, climate change, regional security, education, political science, history or governmental relations.|
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright