Fulbright Distinguished Chair (funded by the University of Newcastle)
Applications open 1 February 2021
The Distinguished Chair enables U.S. academics (associate or full Professors), or those with a distinguished career in the field to undertake research of importance to the University of Newcastle for 5-6 months.
The development of research within UON’s areas of priority (known as Priority Research Centres) is important to the bilateral relationship between the United States and Australia. It is hoped that this position will provide scholars with an opportunity to contribute to this relationship, and a nominated area of priority at the University of Newcastle.
The University of Newcastle is seeking applicants in the following areas of priority:
Chemical Biology and Clinical Pharmacology
Complex Dynamic Systems and Control
Computer Assisted Research Mathematics and its Applications
Geotechnical Science and Engineering
Brain and Mental Health Research
Cancer Research, Innovation and Translation
Digestive Health and Neurogastroenterology
Generational Health and Ageing
Physical Activity and Nutrition
Stroke and Brain Injury
Advanced Fluids and Interfaces
Advanced Particle Processing and Transport
Frontier Energy Technologies & Utilisation
Further information is http://www.newcastle.edu.au/research-and-innovation/centre#priority-research-centres
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 6 months
- Accommodation allowance for a maximum of 6 months
- Generous international travel entitlement
- Travel allowance for an Australian lecture tour
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
For entitlement amounts please click ‘Apply Now’ below.
Please note that applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from the University of Newcastle with their application. Your contact is the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research and Innovation via email@example.com who will facilitate contact to discuss proposed projects, and obtain the required letter.
For any queries related to entitlements or application processes please contact:
Please contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to entitlements or application processes. firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2021 – Fullbright