Fulbright Distinguished Chair (funded by the University of Newcastle)
Applications open now and will close on September 15
The Distinguished Scholar will undertake research of importance to the University of Newcastle , New South Wales, Australia. The development of research within Newcastle’s four engagement priorities is important to the bilateral relationship between the United States and Australia. It is hoped that this position will provide scholars with an opportunity to contribute to this relationship, and a nominated area of priority that is relevant to the future of our regions and the world. Scholars are encouraged to collaborate with the host institution on workshops/short seminars, but should not teach intensive seminars or coursework.
The University of Newcastle is seeking applicants in the following areas of priority:
- Architecture and Built Environment
- Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy
- Environmental and Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Humanities, Creative Industries and Social Work
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Nursing and Midwifery
Further information can be found on the University of Newcastle website.
Areas of Interest
Whilst the University of Newcastle will consider any relevant research proposal, the following four engagement priorities build on the significant track record of success and the strengths of our University, and that reflect the issues and opportunities relevant to the future of our regions and our world:
- Better, healthier living
- Connected communities
- Next generation resources
- Growing industries
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 6 months
- Accommodation allowance for a maximum of 6 months
- International travel entitlement
- Travel allowance for an Australian lecture tour
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
For entitlement amounts please click ‘Apply Now’ below.
To discuss your projects/ obtain a Letter of Invitation from the University of Newcastle please contact Research_Advantage@newcastle.edu.au.
For any queries related to the Scholarship or its entitlements please contact:
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright