– Australian Fulbright Postdoctoral Opportunities –
Add a Global Perspective to Your Research
2018 Applications Open February 1st 2018 – July 15th 2018
Who can apply?
Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral research in the U.S. for 3 – 10 months, who have completed their PhD in the past 5 years
Scholarship entitlements vary per award; please see individual scholarships for details. Awards generally include:
- A living allowance
- Travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- Dependent allowance (if applicable)
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- National Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- Access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- Ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- Media and publicity support
- To access specific funding amounts for 2018/19 please download the Scholarships Budget 2019. Please note the budget is provided as a guide only and is subject to change.
How Do I Apply?
- Prior to applying, we strongly encourage applicants to read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page.
- Applications must be completed and submitted via the online portal (see below for instructions and access). Applications emailed or posted to the Commission cannot be considered.
- To discuss your application aspirations with someone in your area, please consider reaching out to one of our Campus Advisers.
- Please download the Australian Applicant checklist to include with your application.
Postdoctoral, Professional and Scholar Award Applicants:
All applications are considered for the general Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards, however eligible applicants may elect to be considered for an additional sponsored scholarship opportunity.
Scholarships In This Category
|Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral research, who have completed their PhD in the past 3 years. The award supports a 3-10 month position.|
|Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral research in the fields of science or business, who have completed their PhD in the past 3-5 years. The award supports a 3-10 month position.|
Sponsored by RMIT University
|Individuals seeking to undertake research from one of a broad variety of fields (advanced manufacturing and fabrication, advanced materials, biomedical health and innovation, design and creative practice, global business innovation, information and systems engineering, social change, urban futures) in the U.S. as part of a three year Vice Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship at RMIT University.|
Sponsored by Monash University
|Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral candidate research in areas of importance to Monash University which directly address the grand challenges of our time, regardless of disciplinary background. In addition to academic merit, the projects must help strengthen the Australian bilateral relationship with the United States. The award supports a 3-10 month position.|
Sponsored by the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Australian Government
|For an Indigenous applicant to undertake a research or study program in the United States in any discipline and scholarship category (Postgraduate, Postdoctoral, Scholar). The award supports a 3-10 month position.|
|Each State and Territory in Australia sponsors scholarships annually for applicants whose projects encourage and profile research relevant to their home state; and assist in building international research links between the state and U.S. researchers and institutions.|