Fulbright Postdoctoral Opportunities
Applications are open from 3 February – 6 July 2020
Who can apply?
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers scholarships to individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral research in the U.S. for a period of 3 to 10 months, who have either completed their PhD in the past 5 years or are in the last year of completion.
These awards are available to any field/discipline
- a living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- dependent allowance (if applicable)
- research fee allowance
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- applicants need to read the eligibility requirements & award conditions section of the Australian Applicants page which also includes FAQs, interview processes and timelines.
All applications are considered for the general Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards, however eligible applicants may elect to be considered for additional sponsored scholarship opportunities.
|Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral research, who either have completed their PhD in the past 5 years or are in the last year of completion. These awards support 3-10 month positions.
|Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral research in the fields of science or business, who either have completed their PhD in the past 5 years or are in the last year of completion. These awards support 3-10 month positions.
Funded by RMIT University
|Individuals seeking to undertake research from one of a broad variety of fields (advanced manufacturing and fabrication, advanced materials, biomedical health and innovation, design and creative practice, global business innovation, information and systems engineering, social change, urban futures) in the U.S. as part of a three year Vice Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellowship at RMIT University.
Funded by Monash University
|Individuals seeking to undertake postdoctoral candidate research in areas of importance to Monash University which directly address the grand challenges of our time, regardless of disciplinary background. In addition to academic merit, the projects must help strengthen the Australian bilateral relationship with the United States. The award supports a 3-10 month position.
Funded by the National Indigenous Australians Agency
|For an Indigenous applicant to undertake a research or study program in the United States in any discipline and scholarship category (Postgraduate, Postdoctoral, Scholar). The award supports a 3-10 month position.
|The ACT, NT and Tasmania sponsor scholarships annually for applicants whose projects encourage and profile research relevant to their home state; and assist in building international research links between the state and U.S. researchers and institutions.
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright