Australian Fulbright Distinguished Chair Opportunities
Applications open 4 February – 15 July 2019
Who can apply?
The Fulbright Distinguished Chair award are for exceptional individuals at full professorial level to carry out research in the United States for 5-6 months.
Scholarship entitlements and duration vary per award; please see individual scholarships listed below for details. Awards generally include:
- a living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- conference travel allowance to enable a lecture tour
- accommodation allowance
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- to access specific funding amounts for 2019/20 please download the Australian Scholarships Budget 2019/20. Please note the budget is provided as a guide only and is subject to change.
How Do I Apply?
- Prior to applying, applicants need to read the eligibility requirements & award conditions section of the Australian Applicants page which also includes FAQs, interview processes and timelines.
- Applications must be completed and submitted via the online portal (see instructions and access). Applications emailed or posted to the Commission cannot be considered.
- To discuss your application aspirations with someone in your area, please consider reaching out to one of our Campus Advisers.
- Please download the Australian Applicant checklist to include with your application.
All applications are considered for a general Fulbright Scholar Award however applicants may also elect (through the applicant checklist) to be considered for the sponsored opportunities below.
Distinguished Chair Scholarships
|Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Agriculture And Life Sciences
Funded By Kansas State University
|Individuals at full Professorial level wishing to undertake research in the field of agriculture and life sciences (agriculture, human ecology, veterinary medicine, biology, biochemistry) based at Kansas State University for 5-6 months.|