Australian Fulbright Postgraduate Opportunities
Applications open 6 January 2021, 9:00am AEDT
Applications close 6 July 2021, 11:59pm AEST
Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships support:
- Students who wish to complete a U.S. Master’s degree*
- Current PhD students who seek to conduct a period of research in the U.S. as a Visiting Student Researcher
- Students who wish to complete a full U.S. PhD program (Fulbright Future award only)*
* Placement Services is available for degree program applicants. Placement at an institution is not required at the time of application.
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
Applicants should additionally download the POSTGRADUATE INFORMATION ATTACHMENT for postgraduate-specific information.
Benefits vary per award; please see individual awards listed below for details. Awards generally include:
- Monthly stipend based on the cost of living in the city of the host institution
- Partial tuition allowance for one academic year or Full tuition allowance (Fulbright Future award only)
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution
- Establishment allowance
- Dependent allowance- if applicable
- Assistance with identifying U.S. host institutions via Placement Services (Coursework applicants only)
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
All applications are considered for the general Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarship, however eligible applicants may elect to be considered for additional sponsored scholarship opportunities. See the below table for a full list of postgraduate opportunities.
|Postgraduate students seeking to;
Funding is available for up to 1 year and includes partial tuition or visiting researcher fees.
Funded by The Kinghorn Foundation
|Postgraduate students seeking to;
Funding is available for up to 5 academic years and includes full tuition or visiting researcher fees.
Funded by the Department of Education
|Australian postgraduate students with strong academic credentials and leadership potential seeking to undertake a Master’s degree in the U.S. in an area that supports Wexler’s bi-national interests in the field of public policy. Funding includes living expenses and a tuition allowance for up to 2 academic years.|
Funded by the National Indigenous Australians Agency
|Available for up to two Indigenous applicants to undertake a research or study program in the U.S. in any discipline and scholarship category (Postgraduate, Postdoctoral, Scholar) for up to one academic year.|
|Each state and territory in Australia sponsors scholarships for applicants whose projects encourage and profile research relevant to their home state/territory, and assists in building international research links between the state and U.S. researchers and institutions.|
Funded by Florida Polytechnic University
|Open to postgraduate students who have completed their degree in the last five years, this award will afford Australian undergraduates the opportunity to undertake a Master’s degree that is strategically aligned to Florida Polytechnic research priority areas.|
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright