Australian Fulbright Postgraduate Opportunities
Applications are open from 3 February – 6 July 2020
Who can apply?
Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships support:
- Students seeking to complete up to two semesters of their Australian postgraduate program in the U.S.
- Students who wish to undertake a full American Master’s degree
- Current Australian PhD students who seek to complete a period of research in the U.S.
- Australian students who wish to complete an American PhD program
Scholarship entitlements and duration vary per award; please see individual scholarships for details. Awards generally include:
- a living allowance
- international travel to/from the U.S.
- full or partial tuition or visiting student researcher fees
- ASPE medical coverage of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- assistance with identifying and applying to host institutions via Placement Services (Masters students only)
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright Alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- applicants need to read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page.
Postgraduate applicants should download the attachment for additional information.
All applications are considered in the general Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarship pool, however eligible applicants may elect to be considered for additional sponsored scholarship opportunities. See the below table for a full list of additional opportunities.
|Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships||Postgraduate students seeking to;
Funding is available for up to 2 years and includes partial tuition or visiting research scholar fees.
Funded by The Kinghorn Foundation
|Postgraduate students seeking to;
Funding is available for up to 2 years and includes full tuition or visiting research scholar fees.
Funded by the Department of Education
|Australian postgraduate students with strong academic credentials and leadership potential seeking to undertake a two-year Master’s degree in the U.S. in an area that supports Wexler’s bi-national interests in the field of public policy. Funding includes living expenses and a tuition allowance for up to two years.|
Funded by the National Indigenous Australians Agency
|Available for up to two Indigenous applicants to undertake a research or study program in the U.S. in any discipline and scholarship category (Postgraduate, Postdoctoral, Scholar) for up to two years.|
|Each state and territory in Australia sponsors scholarships annually for applicants whose projects encourage and profile research relevant to their home state/territory, and assists in building international research links between the state and U.S. researchers and institutions.|
Funded by Florida Polytechnic University
|Open to postgraduate students who have completed their degree in the last five years, this Fulbright Postgraduate Award will afford Australian undergraduates the opportunity to undertake a master’s degree that is strategically aligned to Florida Polytech’s research priority areas.|
Copyright © 2019 – Fullbright