2018 APPLICATIONS CLOSED Australian Fulbright Postgraduate Opportunities
Add a Global Perspective to Your Studies
Applications are now closed and will reopen in February 2019
Who can apply?
Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships support:
- Students seeking to complete up to two semesters of their Australian postgraduate program in the U.S.
- Students students to undertake an American postgraduate program such as a Master’s degree
- Students students undertaking their Australian PhD to conduct research in the U.S. as a visiting student researcher (VSR)
Scholarship entitlements and duration vary per award; please see individual scholarships for details. Awards generally include:
- a living allowance
- travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- international travel to/from the U.S.
- full or partial tuition or visiting student researcher fees
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- assistance with identifying and applying to host institutions via Placement Services
- attendance at the Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright Alumni
- ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- media and publicity support
- to access specific funding amounts for 2019/20 please download the Australian Scholarships Budget 2018/19. Please note the budget is provided as a guide only and is subject to change.
Postgraduate applicants should download the attachment for additional information.
How Do I Apply?
- Prior to applying, applicants need to read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page.
- Applications must be completed and submitted via the online portal. Applications emailed or posted to the Commission cannot be considered.
- To discuss your application aspirations with someone in your area, please consider reaching out to one of our Campus Advisers.
- Please download the Australian Applicant checklist to include with your application.
- Download 2018-19 Student instructions which outlines how to apply and includes the application link
All applications are considered in the general Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarship pool, however eligible applicants may elect to be considered for an additional sponsored scholarship opportunity.
|Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships||Postgraduate students seeking to;
Funding is available for up to 2 years and includes partial tuition or visiting research scholar fees.
|Postgraduate students seeking to;
Funding is available for up to 2 years and includes full tuition or Visiting Research Scholar fees.
|Australian postgraduate students with strong academic credentials and leadership potential seeking to undertake a two-year Master’s degree in the U.S. in an area that supports Wexler’s bi national interests in the field of public policy. Funding includes living expenses and a tuition allowance for up to two years.|
Funded by the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Australian Government
|For up to two Indigenous applicants to undertake a research or study program in the United States in any discipline and scholarship category (Postgraduate, Postdoctoral, Scholar) for up to two years.|
|Each state and territory in Australia sponsors scholarships annually for applicants whose projects encourage and profile research relevant to their home state; and assist in building international research links between the state and U.S. researchers and institutions.|