Fulbright Scholar Award (funded by the University of Wyoming)
Applications open 6 January 2021, 9:00am AEDT
Applications close 6 July 2021, 11:59pm AEST
The University of Wyoming offers a world-class education in the small community of Laramie, Wyoming. Founded in 1886, the university each year welcomes more than 14,000 students from all 50 states and 90 countries. As a land-grant university, the University is dedicated to serving the state of Wyoming and producing graduates who go on to be global leaders.
Open to academics at the level of Associate Professor or Full Professor, the Fulbright Scholar Award will afford Australian scholars the opportunity to undertake research and teach to two classes per semester that are strategically aligned to University of Wyoming research priority areas. This award supports a 5 – 6 month position.
The Fulbright Scholar Award (funded by the University of Wyoming) was established to honour Milward Lee Simpson, the 23rd Governor of Wyoming and U.S. Senator. For a candidate at an appropriately senior level and with distinguished credentials, the University may consider having the award be named the Milward Lee Simpson Chair.
Please note the award is for one of the two semesters during the University of Wyoming’s 2022 – 2023 academic year.
For more information about the University of Wyoming please visit: http://www.uwyo.edu/.
The University of Wyoming is seeking applications in public policy, international affairs, political science and environmental studies.
Please see the APPLICANT INFORMATION page for general information regarding Fulbright qualities, eligibility requirements, award conditions, interview processes and our FAQ PAGE for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Monthly stipend
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the scholar’s home city and the city of the host institution
- Dependent allowance- if applicable
- Health & Accident Insurance (ASPE) – valued at up to USD$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Access to established professional networks – alumni and other international collaborative groups
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S.
- Extensive support – from the Commission as well as U.S. organisations
- Media and publicity support
Copyright © 2021 – Fulbright