Sponsored by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
CSIRO is Australia’s leading multidisciplinary research organisation with a mission to deliver impact for the benefit of industry, society and the environment. CSIRO collaborates globally and actively promotes awareness of science and technology and its benefits. The Distinguished Chair will conduct innovative scientific research related to critical challenges facing the U.S. and Australia.
The Distinguished Chair enables senior scholars (associate or full Professor) from the United States to undertake research of importance to the CSIRO for 5-6 months.
Applications are sought in areas aligned to the research directions of CSIRO’s business units:
- Food and Agriculture
- Minerals Resources
- Oceans and Atmosphere
- Land and Water
- Health and Biosecurity
- Data and Digital technologies
- Astronomy and Space Science
Applications are also sought in areas that align to the activities of the CSIRO National Facilities:
- National Research Collections
- Marine National Facility
- Australian Animal Health Laboratory
Before proposing a project in one of these areas, please refer to www.csiro.au to ensure your proposal aligns with an active area of CSIRO research activity.
- A monthly stipend for a maximum of 6 months
- Generous international travel entitlement
- Travel allowance for an Australian lecture tour
- Health coverage under Medicare (Scholar only)
- Health and Accident Insurance (ASPE) to maximum of US$100,000 (Scholar only)
- Access to Fulbright Alumni in the US and Australia for social and professional networking
- Support from the Fulbright Commission to assist with administration, visas and general enquiries.
- Dependents of scholars who will be enrolled in the Australian public school system in grades K-12 may have tuition fees waived.
For entitlement amounts please visit the CIES Distinguished Chair page.
Please note that applicants are required to include a letter of invitation from CSIRO with their application.
Contact Tom McGinness from CSIRO via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss projects, and obtain the required letter.
Please contact the Fulbright scholarships team for any queries related to the application processes.
More detailed information about the application process and a link to the online application form can be found on the CIES website.